For those planning moving to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), we have been advised of new regulations on the import of vehicles to the country.
On 17 June 2013 the rules for the importation of used vehicles to the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) changed:
– Imported used cars or buses (under 10 seats) must be less than 10 years old
– Imported used buses (10 seats and more) and vans must be less than 7 years old
Also, for customs clearance importers must provide the following documents prior to loading the vehicle (s) at the port of origin:
– An original (or certified copy) of vehicle registration document
– A legal conveyance certificate
– An original vehicle inspection certificate or certified copy from the country of origin.
Should the condition of the imported vehicles not comply with these new rules, they will be destroyed or exported back at the shipper’s expense.
For customers moving to the Democratic Republic of Congo please call your Abels customer liaison on their direct line or call head office on +44(0)1842 816600 or email email@example.com